Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thanksgiving

I realized I never posted about Thanksgiving. So hang on while I play catch up for a moment. We had Thanksgiving with my family down at the West Point City building (thanks to our great connection Gary ;). Not all of my family was there but we had a pretty good turn out. Amber and Gary hosted us all (hence the connection). Joe and Tiff came along with Gary's cousin Mike and his cute family from California.
Celeste and Shaun and their kids were there as well as my Mom and Dad, Grandpa Rigby, Paul and Tricia Reich and their 2 boys.
I didn't get pictures of dinner, but trust me, it was YUMMY!!! The city building proved to be a great venue and I think we might try to sneak in and use it again in the future.
After dinner we turned a movie on in the conference room. After the movie of course there was football to watch.
And football to play (outside).
This is the room after we've all helped take down the festivities. The day was fun and relaxing. I found it to be a little emotional too. We definitely felt the absence of Grace and there was a different dynamic to it all. But we had great company, good food and made the very best of the holiday.
After dinner & clean up, we all went our separate ways. Our little family headed home and had a peaceful night breaking out the Christmas movies and getting excited for Black Friday shopping!!

1 comment:

Matt and Kirsten said...

i think that the city building looks like a HIT! I missed that this year but sure looked fun.