Tuesday, January 26, 2010

PARTAY!

Ok, no more excuses. Blue Monday's over and it's back to the grind.
A couple of weekends ago Amber and Gary were out of town and we got to have Annie and Livie stay with us. To say the kids were excited would be an UNDERSTATEMENT! Today I found a "To Do List" Mason had made for that Friday when they spent the night. This is what it said;Wake up
Get dressed
Go to school
Get off the bus with Annie and Livie at our house after school
Have snacks
Play the Wii
Eat dinner
Pop popcorn
Play the Wii all night long
Stay up as late as we can
Go to bed about 1 or 1:30
Wake up
Eat breakfast
Play the Wii
They did play the Wii even more than his list suggested. For 8 straight hours Friday night (I know what kind of Mom that makes me but big deal, they were having fun). They all slept in the family room. The girls on the air mattress and Mason on the couch. They had me move all the couches in so they completely surrounded the mattress. They went to bed at midnight(because I made them. By that point I figured I should do something to act like the adult).
In the morning I left for a bridal shower and Mattie made the troops a hearty breakfast of pancakes, sausage and bacon.
I don't think our Wii has ever been played that much. They all got along really well and we had a blast with our overnight guest!

4 comments:

Matt and Kirsten said...

that is such a cute list! I LOVE it!

Doodlecraft said...

Okay, I am that kind of mom too! We love the wii! Yay--What fun memories you are making! They will always remember that weekend!

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

Hey April! I forgot you had a blog and I ran across it when I was going through the readers we had listed for our blog. I love being able to see what friends and family are up to and to see the cute daily memories kept on blogs. You have such a cute one!! I'm in the process of printing ours out for the year. We print ours out every year and it becomes our family scrapbook/journal for the year.

What a fun night! We don't play our Wii enough but when we do we play for hours too. So fun!

Ruth Done said...

Thanks for inviting me! Sounds like fun.