Friday, January 8, 2010

Busy December

As you can tell, I'm trying to catch up on all our December activities on the blog. Like I've mentioned before, I don't scrapbook and I've gotten pretty relaxed about journal keeping so this blog will be printed up and kept for years to come as our family's 2009 scrapbook. Hence the catching up! December was as it always is, busy, busy, busy. We had several visits from great friends and family and we did our share of visiting as well. We sent and received lots of cute cards, shopped til we dropped, ate WAY more than was necessary, watched lots and lots of Christmas movies. and generally just tried to enjoy the season. My kids favorite movies this year were; Phineas & Ferb's Christmas Vacation, Home Alone (1&2), Elf, The Polar Express, A Christmas Story (ok, that is one of mine and Mattie's favs, not so much the kids yet). I was so excited to catch the Charlie Brown Christmas Special this year since I've missed it for the last 12 years or so. My kids weren't too fond of it. So sad.
Of course there was gift exchanging from family & a few friends. Mason and Jaden have exchanged gifts to each other the past few years. It's fun to see them stay such great friends. We love having Jaden over here and Mason jumps at any chance to go play at the Bailey's. Matt took a quick snap shot while they were exchanging gifts.
There was a good amount of snow and the kids played in it a lot. It's been nice to have Mason big enough to shovel walks. He's so anxious to do it and it helps Matt out a lot.
We took the kids to the lights in Ogden on a Saturday evening and then to Temple Square the Sunday following.
We went to the city Cemetery Luminary on the 18th and saw all the gorgeous candles on each of the headstones. I wish I would have brought my camera, it was breathtaking!
We took a drive around to see the lights on people's houses. There's a street in Syracuse (2300 South I think) where most of the houses go all out with lights and decorations. We're lucky enough to have some great friends move onto that street this year so it made driving up and down it even better.
As a whole December was a fun and full month for our family. Can't wait until next year.

2 comments:

Matt and Kirsten said...

a few things Ape ANNIE! So Madden is hillarious - enough said!
Mrs Clause with the Naughty and nice list - brilliant!!
PIG - never gets old. I am still laughing
Your december looks fun - you are a great mom, seriously. I wonder if I will have it in me to do all those things with my kids someday - if not can I send them to your house?
Thanks for all the updates they have been great to read at such an hour of the night.

Dan & Staci said...

Man you guys had a busy holiday season. Thanks for always posting on your blog. I read it weekly and always love hearing what you guys are up to. We love and miss you lots.