Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Black Friday

Our tradition is to get all our Christmas decorations up the Friday following Thanksgiving. It's also tradition that me and my siblings (those who care to join us) go shopping at insane hours of the morning to try to get the "great deals" the stores offer. This can make for a very long and busy day but one we look forward to.
This year was all of the above. Amber and I took to the craziness that is Walmart at 4:30am. We brought Ashton and Mckay along too. We met Ruth, Joe, Tiffany and Brennan there. Joe, Tiff and Brennan left shortly after getting there and headed to Target while the rest of us toughed out Wal -y-world. We had a lot of fun and even got some shopping done in the meantime. Can't wait to do it again next year.
When I got home, and after a short nap, Matt and Mason brought up all the Christmas stuff and we set to decorating the house. We've planned to do a tree upstairs and one downstairs for a few years but this year we actually did it. We let the kids decorate the one downstairs with all the cute decorations from school & church they've made through the years. I wish I had a finished picture of it, it was darling.Then Matt and I decorated the one in the front room (the picture makes it look like it was tipping. I assure you it was not.) I have to admit, if Matt hadn't been motivating me to get the tree and things up this year, I'm not sure when I would have gotten around to it. I was a bit of a bah-humbug. Once it was all up I really enjoyed it. I love Christmas but it took a bit to get me in the swing of things this year. Once the decorations were up we turned on the Christmas music, switched on the lights and settled into the holiday.

2 comments:

Brendan said...

Nothin beats the year you were horse riding the stereo boxes at Target.
Good times!

Brendan said...

That last comment was from Ruth