Thursday, January 7, 2010

Um....

You're looking at the newest addition to the Thompson Christmas motif. I think the kids named him "Tasty", or maybe that was Matt. Anyway. He was discovered during a trip to Lowe's one day back in November. Matt called me on my cell phone and told me of the discovery and that he just had to have it. After all, everyone he works with collects pigs, so he needs to get in on the action. I guess since the bacon industry is now what keeps our household running we should wear it with pride. Right? So he made himself comfortable and I think he's here to stay. I don't really get what the wings are all about. The fact that they move up and down might only be there to justify the price tag. I keep thinking it's got to be something to do with the phrase "when pigs fly" but I don't have a clue why they made him with wings. I had several friends/neighbors ask what the significance of the pig in our front yard was. Other than Matt working in the bacon industry, I have zero response.
Matt originally wanted to put him somewhere inside, in the front room window perhaps. That was quickly vetoed. He's and outside decoration and I have nowhere to keep such a thing in the house. I admit I was a little overwhelmed by this little dude when he first came home. I kind of relate it to the "leg lamp" incident in A Christmas Story. But his cuteness definitely grew on me and he really was darling outside at night all lit up. He looked a little lonely out there so next year I think we're going to need to get him some friends to keep him company in our front yard.

2 comments:

The Rockin Robertsons said...

Love the Pig!

Tiff said...

Joe thought that it the wings were for "swine flu (flew)". who knows....it's still really funny!