Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gingerbread

For our first FHE in December we decorated gingerbread men and a gingerbread house. As you can imagine more candy went into some of the younger participants mouths than on the cookies, but isn't that half the fun? Madden was SOOO proud of his little guy. If you look closely you can see how he strategically placed a piece of candy between the legs of his gingerbread man. He said, "Look Mom, he has privates!" Of course I laughed. Hard. I'm sure any other mom who is trying to raise their children right would have acted more appropriately. Oh well, I found it hilarious! :)
Mia's mission was to get as much candy on her first one as humanly possible. She succeeded pretty well, there wasn't much left by the time she got around to decorating her second.
Mason did a great job. Can you tell his cookie on the left is a penguin? A green one. He's a pretty big fan of Club Penguin so his art projects take on that theme whenever possible.
Mattie was a great sport and opted to take & decorate the broken ones. He pieced it back together nicely, wouldn't you say?
I worked on our gingerbread house. Once the kids were done with their cookies they helped me along. It was a great night! The kids devoured the candy and frosting from their cookies after we were done but no one cared too much for the gingerbread part itself. I Can't say I blame them, I've always found it a little icky too.

No comments: