Monday, January 25, 2010

Blue Monday

Got the blues? Officially today is the most depressing day of the year. Not by my standards and opinion but seriously. It even has a name...Blue Monday. January leaves a bit to be desired and I guess by the 4th Monday of the month most of the planet is in agreement. Ask your local psychologist. It's for real. Nice to know there's a reason why I don't want anyone to touch me but I want to be swallowed in a giant hug, why it's taking me so long to get through the book I'm currently reading, why there's a very high chance that I won't even get out of my pj's today. Huh.
*To try to combat my blue mood I've decided to look at the bright side of life and make a list of some of the things I'm thankful for. Here goes:
Movies my kids will watch repeatedly
ponytails
fleece pj's
fleece blankets
drive-thru's
microwaves
kids who play together
junk food (just enough, not too much so you get sick)
Mattie
my kids
tomorrow (to give me a chance to start fresh)
*I'm giving myself a break today but tomorrow is no longer Blue Monday. I vow to get my tooshy out of my pj's, and get back to the rigamaroll (is that even a word?)!

2 comments:

Ruth Done said...

Okay, so seriously, I have been in such a bad mood today. The man who was supposed to come and do our vents at 10 didn't show up until 11:45 and then he brought his grandson for me to babysit while he did his work. Hello!!!!!! We are paying you, you work for us! This is the 2nd time he has done this. I had to vent, thank you and I really hope he doesn't, by chance, read your blog! I'm glad "blue monday is over"

Heidi said...

Sadly, Pjs,ponytails, and junk food seem to be a daily thing at our house, not just "Blue Monday" :)