Thursday, January 7, 2010

West Point City Lighting

On December 7th I took the kids down to the city building for the lighting ceremony and to see Santa. We had yummy hot chocolate (which you can see is nicely adorning the front of Mia's coat) and listened to some talented kids sing Christmas carols. The crowd joining in here and there.
We met the Hills down there and my Mom and Dad came along to join in the fun.
Santa arrived on a firetruck along with our very own Miss West Point, Ashley Bailey! So of course the Bailey's were there along with Ashley's friend Cade. Any excuse to spend time with the Bailey's we gladly snatch up.
Mrs Clause arrived before Santa and made her way around the crowd. She had a book with all the children's names and would look them up one by one and show them if they were on the naughty or nice list. My kids were all relieved to see their names on the nice list.
Soon Santa and Ashley arrived on the fire truck as we all sang Here Comes Santa Clause. The kids were so excited!
Did I mention it was FREEZING??!!!! Because it was!!! Poor Ashley, she wore her beautiful formal on top of the fire truck in the bitter cold. She looked beautiful and was such a great sport. We love the Bailey girls!
After Santa arrived we all stood in line to have our chance to tell him what we hoped would be under the tree. Mia was WAY ahead of us in line with the Hills so I didn't get a picture of her with Santa but Amber did and I'll be sure to add it to my file. Madden was so excited to see Santa. He told him he wanted a Sponge Bob toy and a Sponge Bob chair.
Mason told him he wanted lots of Club Penguin toys and New Super Mario Bros Wii. Ashley sat by Santa and handed out candy canes to each kid as they sat on his lap. What a fun night!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey, my friend! I keep meaning to stop by your blog but it's usually so late when I am done working. So what the heck! It's 3 am and I decided to pop in. It's fun to see your family festivities. My sympathies on your pig purchase:) Now you have your own Christmas Story. It's like the leg lamp.