Sunday, December 13, 2009

We have a 117 month old!

The other day I was doing some shopping and overheard a brief conversation between a man and a woman who were standing close by. The woman asked how old the little boy was who was with the man (the boy looked about 3 to 4 years old). His reply caught me off guard. "He's about 39 months." What.....?

Now maybe I'm way off base here, but it seems that maybe by then you can convert the age factor into years, not months. I lose track of months once they reach the 18 month mark. After 18 months then I start to say, "oh, he'll be 1 this December." or, "She's almost 2." I give my brain a little break . Otherwise I'd still be saying, "Who Mason? Oh he's 117 months." or,
"Mia's 75 months and Madden's 43 months." It just sounds ridiculous to me, plus who wants to count that high?

I guess the question I ask is this, at what point do you start to convert the age question from months to years? I'm thinking at the same time they stop making clothes in that size. So for me it's around 18-24 months. Maybe I could start saying "My baby? Oh, well next June he'll be 4T." Stay with the clothes size to make it easy. But the month thing, definitely NOT for me.
:)

2 comments:

April Annie said...

Now I know why Ape came downstairs and asked me "what is 12x9?" Too funny..Matt

Doodlecraft said...

That is too funny! I start converting it to years from day one! Someone asks how old the baby is...I say zero! And then they pause and say something like "when was he born?"