Friday, October 16, 2009

Mia's Birthday

Mia had a great 6th birthday. We celebrated with my family the day before at Grandma and Grandpa Elggren's. That way we could celebrate all 3 of the October 5th birthdays together. It's fun to have cousins that share your same birthday, it always makes for a big celebration.

Grandma & Grandpa gave her a cute little porcelain tea set. Grandma Merlene gave her some Snow White magnetic paper dolls & a princess puzzle book. From Matt and I she got a cute barbie head (picture above) that you can fix her hair and put all kinds of jewelry on. She also got a barbie make up kit so she can give herself and any willing participant a make over. She LOVES IT!!
Here's a couple of pictures of her masterpieces. I think I see a career path in the making. Like I said, she'll take any willing participant and Madden's usually more then willing. Greasy pink eye shadow's a good look for him, don't you think?
I made two cakes for her. The orange one I made when we had Matt's family over to celebrate. The marshmallow fondant looked cute but left a bit to be desired in the taste area. It was a blast to make and Mia was more then thrilled with the final results.

The castle cake I made for Grandma and Grandpa Elggren's the day before her birthday. She loved it. I was a little disappointed in how it turned out possibly because I knew how long it took to make. Trust me, it should look AMAZING for the amount of time I spent on it. :(
She loved it and of course that's all that matters. Happy Birthday Mia. We love you!
The next few posts will be catching up on things we did this summer. Trying to play catch up.

3 comments:

Matt and Kirsten said...

Seriously April that picture of Mia is HILARIOUS! It reminds me of a picture of you and billy and Amber and me and Ruth taken in our old house after a make over - now I want to find that picture! LOVE IT!

Amber said...

Ape, I was hoping you would post your cake. It is sooo cute. Great Job! It makes me want to go make another one. I love Mia's makeovers Awesome!!!!!

Doodlecraft said...

Yay for little girls! I love the cakes! Hailee wants a castle too...I'll have to get some pointers from you. So cute, love the makeovers! I could use one!