Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween

I know Halloween isn't for 2 more days but we've had enough festivities to warrant an early post. Plus I figure, I'll get it posted early and avoid procrastination. Yay me! Mia wanted to be Sleeping Beauty this year but her one request was to have blond hair (because of course Sleeping Beauty isn't brunette). Amber was kind enough to loan us a blong wig. She feels like a princess and you can tell by the way she poses for each picture. Mason is Luigi and is more than excited about it. I was happy to find the costume and he's happy to wear it. Winning combination! Madden is a penguin (isn't it great when they want to be something you already have?).
For my Mom and Dad's party last Friday I decided to join with the kids in dressing up. I was going to get one of those super sexy numbers like cat woman or a maid uniform and then I remembered - I don't need a costume to be sexy, I've got that one down! Instead I found a jailbird costume and thought it would be perfect to reflect true Thompson style. Why not keep theme with some of Matt's family, right? Besides, they don't allow inmates to wear makeup so I didn't even have to get ready for the day. hehehe.
Here's the whole gang at Mom and Dad's (at least the ones who dressed up). Matt was of course at work that night but he stopped by for an hour or so to join in the festivities. Thanks Babe! As always, we had such a great time! Now we get to look forward to trick-or-treating through the neighborhood Saturday night. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

3 comments:

Matt and Kirsten said...

Mason's costume is SO cute!! I love it! Mia is such a poser! I love the costumes - I was sad to miss the party, but oh well. Anyway I just love your posts - I love Mason. We are sure cheering for him in this new class. Love you Mase

Brendan said...

Oh, I love your kids, and they looked so cute! Sorry about the hard times with Mason's teacher, you will have to tell me all about it. Weren't you worried about her from the beginning? Good luck! We love you all! (What a great pic of Dan and Mace)

Brendan said...

That last post was from Ruth