Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Apology of Sorts

I don't know about you but I don't necessarily like being around ornery people. It takes a large amount of energy and can drain anything positive from my attitude fairly quickly. For those reasons I feel I need to apologize for the "NOOOOOO" post a little while back. I feel a bit silly now at acting so dramatic. It's just the changing of the seasons, no one's life has ended (OK, my summer life has ended and I've already established how sad I am at it's passing. Mourn & move on.).
To put a new perspective on the changing of things I decided it would be helpful to take the kids and head up in the mountains. Take it all in, the colors, the air, the changes. A chance to remind myself and show my kids that we live in an amazing and beautiful place! We really are lucky to have 4 complete seasons. Each one played out year after year in it's own time and for varying durations. Fall is a beautiful season and I really needed this little jaunt into nature to remind me of all it has to offer.
Amber and her kids came along and we drove up to Fernwood. It's been so long since I've been up there but Amber showed us a great little trail where we saw lots of beautiful leaves and the kids could hop over rocks in a stream or two.
We brought bags and each of the kids collected leaves of all different shapes and colors.
I love this picture of Madden & Liza. They had a good time but both got a bit tired of walking on the way back to the cars. Madden cried and cried wanting to be carried and I was a little impatient about it, he's too heavy for me to carry far. I felt terrible when I realized that I had put his old shoes on him that are too small and that was more then likely the reason he wanted to be held. His poor feet!! Mom Of The Year...right here folks!
When we got back to the cars we sat on some big rocks and drank Capri Suns which Amber and I both discovered we are not fans of...uck! The kids, well of course they found them to be quite delish! Thanks to Amber and the girls for the fun outing. And thanks to me for adjusting my attitude.

3 comments:

Ruth Done said...

Umm...Thanks for the invite! I am definitely doing something with Kirsten and telling you all about it! J/k

April Annie said...

That's funny Ruth! You really wanna play that game? I could already name quite a few things you and Kirsten have done without inviting me....hummmmmm.

HAHAHAHA....good thing we have such awesome sisters that we actually want to hang out with.

Love ya!

Doodlecraft said...

Super cute! What a fun outing! Love the "fall, hiking in the mountains" times! And, the only thing that gets me excited about the end of summer, is Halloween...so there ya go!