Thursday, October 29, 2009

Here's to a new start!

We're making some adjustments at school with Mason right now, namely switching teachers. Since making this decision it's caused me to think long and hard about what's best for this kid. He's had to be a fighter from the beginning and I think I've taken that strength for granted. This week I've been reminded that he's just a kid and how fragile he is. But mostly this week has made me fiercely protective of him!

I've always known he was smart, beyond his years really. He figures people out FAST and very little gets by him. This can make parenting a little rough at times because he needs ROCK solid reasoning. Nothing is done just because. Which I can see could make teaching a bit unique at times too. He loves the people and things in his life with every fiber of his being. He wants those around him to be happy. However, he's not a people pleaser in the sense that he won't tell you what you want to hear. He'll tell it like it is and that aside, he'll hope you can be good friends.

It's made me sad this week watching some of his struggles. I want to scream at those who are making him hurt. Mostly I want to take him in my arms and keep him safe FOREVER!
Have I made you wonder what's up? I'd share the details but right now that's impossible without using a massive amount of expletives! Lets just say that hopefully changing the teacher will eliminate the struggles. Here's to a new start!
side note:
Just so you know, if you hurt this child in any way, YOU WILL HAVE THE WRATH OF THIS CRAZY WOMAN TO DEAL WITH!

No comments: