Friday, May 21, 2010

Thompson Economic Stimulus

Today Amber's girls were here playing and everyone decided they wanted to color. We discovered Mia had used all but 8 pieces of paper so they were all stressed about not having enough. Until........they came up with an amazing plan to color pictures and go outside and sell them. They informed me that the proceeds earned from the art sale would come to me so I could in turn purchase more paper. Thank heavens...I had no idea where I would come up with the funds for another ream ;) The decision was made to stand outside in the front yard and try to sale the pictures in the traditional "lemonade stand" style. Complete with yelling, "Pictures for sale. Come and get your pictures. Only 25 Cents!!!" Annie decided they would give this a try for 20 minutes at which time if they hadn't sold at least 3 pictures they would try the door to door approach.
After 20 minutes and no sales, the assault on our closest friends and neighbors began. Robert was our first victim (that's what you get for living right across the street).
He was a great sport taking time to thumb though them all and choosing the ones he liked best. Then he handed the girls a handful of coins! They couldn't believe their luck!!!!! I stood inside and took pictures and laughed. Thanks for being such a good sport Robert!
After Robert's they hit the sidewalk and tried every house up and down our street. I found it pretty amusing but those stinkers raised $5.42! Once they saw the numbers they quickly changed their minds about giving it to me for more paper. We divided it evenly among the workers and everyone went home with a little bit of change in their pockets and big dreams for the dollar store.

4 comments:

Amber said...

That is Awesome!!! Thanks for the post. I'm glad my children could help with your paper problem. Hee Hee Hee!

Matt and Kirsten said...

That is so funny! (maybe because its 3:31AM) but seriously that's so funny! I love that they decided not to donate the funds. I am just laughing I love it!

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

That's hilarious! Good job girls! The fact that you were in the house taking pictures and laughing makes it even funnier April. Ha ha! :)

Meghan said...

lol April that is hilarious! That is so me when I was little! I would go around my parents house and find their things and set up a store in the house and re-sell them their own stuff! I also tried selling rocks too!! So cute. I wish they would have wandered down this way I would have LOVED to give them a $5 bill and see their faces!!