Friday, May 14, 2010

Visiting the Peterson's & Staci's Shower

Friday night after hanging out at the hotel for a couple of hours we went over to Staci's mom's house. They had been at the temple that evening with Stori and were kind enough to invite us over for dinner when they got home. After an all day drive to get up there it was AWESOME to see Staci and her family. They couldn't have been any sweeter to us. Wow! We miss Staci and Dan so much. It was worth the drive to get to see her. We had french dip sandwiches and talked and laughed. Mostly we laughed about the joke we had played on Russ and Dan over the phone on the way up there. We had told them we took the wrong route to Billings. That we had gone through Boise but we pretended that we didn't realize that was the wrong way. We had them worked up pretty good about us being lost and having no idea that we were going to take an extra 3 to 4 hours to get up there. They were very concerned for us. After awhile we came clean and told them we were on the right track and we'd be there in about an hour. Staci and her family were in on it and got a good laugh along with us. (we'd let Russ and Dan sweat it out for an hour or two).Celeste was pretty worn out from the long drive so she stayed behind at the hotel while we visited that night. It was fun to see them all but we missed having her there.
Staci's shower was the next day. We packed up so we could head home as soon as it was over. They had yummy, yummy food, some of the best strawberries I've had in my life! It helped too that her grandma prayed in the blessing on the food that all the calories would be taken out of it. Ha!! I'm incorporating that into all my mealtime prayers from now on! (I was a little embarrassed that I laughed out loud when she said that in her prayer. However, I wasn't the only one! Her Grandma is a BLAST! )
We played some cute games too. It was fun to meet some of Staci's friends and neighbors. They were all such great people.
She got some really cute stuff. I love to see all the cute clothes they have for little girls. Judging by all the darling stuff she got, Isla Jo is going to be one cute little bug!
My Mom sent up the quilt she made for her. I love that she makes all of the grand kids quilts when they're born. My kids still love the ones she made them.
We hated to leave, it went by so quickly. I love Staci. She's such a great person and she's perfect for Dan. We're so excited for Christmas to come so they can come for a visit and let us get to know Isla. We love you guys! Thanks to Staci's family for being so kind and welcoming and thanks to my sisters for a really great road trip. Lets do it again soon and have Mom and all the other sisters join us, maybe some place a little closer ;).

2 comments:

Doodlecraft said...

Wow! What beautiful sisters! Any fun shower games??? Guess the baby food?? :)

Dan & Staci said...

I have to say that you guys are seriously the best ever. I still can't believe you came up! I really do hope it was worth it because it was truly so good to see you all! I love you girls all so much!