Monday, November 23, 2009

I feel almost irreverent continuing on with my posts. Learning to figure out what our new normal is is a bit strange. But we're all trying.

Saturday night Matt and I ordered Chinese food for the two of us and made something at home for the kids. I wasn't terribly in the mood for it but since I opted to be the one to pick it up I knew that going two places so we could each have what we wanted sounded like a lot of effort. So I settled for the vegetable noodles and psyched myself up for it.
Mason being the best eater of all our kids was going to share with us (under his condition that he could eat with chopsticks). We dished it up and headed downstairs to watch a movie as a family. Mason had his in a bowl and was attempting the art of chopstick eating. I found it kind of funny to watch but boy was he determined. After a few minutes Mia who had been watching Mason asked, "Mase, what are you doing?"
Mason: "Eating with chopsticks."
Mia: "What are you eating?"
Mason: "Chinese food. Now that I'm getting older I need to start eating food from different religions."

haha. I hope our religion has some good dishes that others who believe differently can enjoy............We should introduce them to funeral potatoes. :)

PS: after psyching myself up for the veggie noodles, the place got my order wrong. BLAH.

...........................................................................
Last week Mason came home and we were talking about his day. He was talking about recess and mentioned that Annie has a lot of people who gather around her now ever since Grace passed away.
Mason: "Ever since all this happened with Grace, kids are always gathering around Annie like, like....a new pair of shoes. And I know what I'm talking about too. I know all about girls and new shoes."

Ok.

3 comments:

Matt and Kirsten said...

Seriously! Mason! You have a whole new world of religion ahead of you.

Ruth Done said...

Sometimes I really do look at my food like a religion. I believe in this, but NOT that. I love the shoe story.

Nick and Trisha said...

Thanks for the laugh. You gotta love kids!