Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Grace's Viewing

The viewing started at 6pm at our church. People started showing up around 5:30. The funeral director ushered them into the chapel where they watched a DVD that Matt (Kirsten's Matt, not my Matt) had put together of pictures of Grace. Thanks for doing that Matt. It was so well done and I know you spent countless hours putting it together. We'll all cherish it forever. Row by row they were led down the hall to the Relief Society room. There were so many people who came to show their support. Some waiting as long as an hour or two in the chapel and in line. We are so blessed to have such great people in our lives.
We can never thank the sweet ladies who put up the displays. There were so many pictures and things to display and they laid it out perfectly! Thank you, thank you for all your hard work.
I love these next three pictures. I think they show the peace and love that Amber and Gary emulate. They comforted those people who had come to comfort them. It was so uplifting. I know they are sad and miss Grace but they understand completely where she is.
I love the smile on Gary's face here.
Amber. Isn't she pretty.
I love these two people.
This is Gary and his Dad closing the casket for the night after the viewing. They handled it with such Grace.
And then carrying it to the hearse. A long, wonderful night.

5 comments:

The Rockin Robertsons said...

You've stated everything so beautifully. You have me crying. Thank you for helping me remember the peace the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings into our lives. Your family and your sisters family are so sweet and great examples. We love you so much!

Brendan said...

I don't know why, but I love seeing the pictures, it keeps reminding me of how lucky we are and the beautiful Spirit that is surrounding our family right now. Thanks!

Matt and Kirsten said...

April i love the details of each event. I think we need to remember those little things forever.

Doodlecraft said...

Thanks for posting all of that! There certainly was a wonderful spirit there. We love you guys!

Meghan said...

April I am going to finally comment so you know who all of your "stalkers" are!

Thank you so much for posting all of this. What an amazing example your family is.