Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Funeral

I have been taught so much from the events of this last week. I've learned that I don't have a clue what people around me are going through. I've learned that I need to serve people better, that I have so much more to learn about loving others, that life is fragile and not ours to be too selfish with, that Heavenly Father wants us to be happy, that I have an amazing family, that my little sister and her husband are some of my biggest examples of Christ-like love and that I have so far to go to get where I need to be. I'm thankful for ALL these lessons. This picture was on the front of the funeral program. It's from the morning of her 1st birthday. Amber said she had just finished opening her presents and was tired. Time to snuggle and find her thumb.
This picture was on the back of the program. I LOVE this picture.
Here's some of the gathering before they closed the casket for the family prayer. Gary's Dad gave the family prayer and did such a great job. Bishop Norman conducted the funeral. Annie started it off by reading the obituary and adding her testimony at the end. I was so proud of her, she did so well. Then all of Grace's cousins sang I am A Child Of God. After that my Dad spoke about the Plan Of Salvation which brought the spirit in even stronger, something I didn't think was even possible. Following my Dad all her Aunts and Uncles sang Oh My Father. The final speakers were Amber and Gary. They told some cute things about Grace and testified of how they KNOW they will be with her again and can't wait for that day. I was so impressed with their strength and depth of their testimonies. What great people.
Here we are afterwords loading into the cars to head to the cemetery. The funeral was amazingly spiritual. I loved being there and feeling the peace and comfort.It help remind me that this is only part of a big picture.
The GORGEOUS casket and flower spray.
Here's Lucy, Eliza, Annie & Livie in the limo ready to go to the cemetery. Amber told me she wouldn't have changed that limo ride for anything. The girls had so much fun. They even got to take off their seat belts and look out the windows. The funeral was a spiritual experience that I don't think anyone who was there will soon forget. It was so uplifting.

No comments: