Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mason's Cardiology Appt

I was all prepared to post about Mason's most recent stop at the cardiology department at Primary's. I had a couple of great pictures of him all hooked up for his EKG and a few more of him kicking back watching a movie during his echo cardiogram. One with him and our favorite cardiologist Dr. Ethridge...you get the point. However, someone (who I believe is the youngest of my three children) has been playing with the camera and those pictures have all disappeared. POOP! The only one left from our visit is this picture of him playing Mario Kart in the waiting room. So we move forward picture less.

The appointment went well. He's grown a couple of inches since our last visit and he's thinned out a bit. Dr Ethridge made her usual comments about how great he looks and how well he's doing. The stuff we always like to hear. They checked his pacemaker and it has about 4 more years left on the battery. He's pacer dependant 100% of the time on the atrium side and only about 30% on the ventricle. That's about the same as last time which is good news because it means his heart disease hasn't gotten any worse. We always like to hear that.
There's always a large amount of waiting around during these appointments. At one time we were waiting in an exam room and they had pamphlets all over one wall for various heart conditions. I started reading Mason the pamphlet on pacemakers (just messing around, what horribly boring reading!). One sentence said something about a person with a pacemaker being a "modern marvel". We laughed and laughed about that (don't ask why, I'm sure it's not even funny and probably very true but we found it hilarious). I told him from now on I was going to introduce him to people as "my modern marvel". I'd tell all his teachers from here on out to refer to him as such. I even tried to get him to answer a phone call on my phone from Uncle Dan and say "Hi Dan, I'm a modern marvel". Ok, I'm realizing now how not-funny this is but to Mason and I at the time it was really funny!
I love the chance I get to take him to these appointments. It gives me a chance to spend the day with Mason. I'm so thankful for my little "Modern Marvel"!!! I love you Buddy!
PS: next time you see or talk to him, call him Modern Marvel. I'm dying to see what he does!

No comments: