Monday, June 14, 2010

4 Years Already?

Today you turned 4. As soon as you were born it was as if you'd always been here. I think heaven sends babies this way. Each one a perfect match for the family they enter. You certainly are a perfect fit in ours.
Things about You:
You've always been very pleasant and easy going
You love to rough-house and be tickled
You're observant and smart
You're 100% BOY!!
You love bacon and ketchup although not necessarily together
You call grated parmesan cheese "shaky cheese"
You like shaky cheese on almost anything
You love your bedtime and it's not unusual for you to go to bed on your own if you're tired
You're usually the first one awake each morning
You have amazing dimples when you smile, which you do often
You give very frequent, random and unsolicited "I love you, Mom"s or "I love you, Dad"s.
You create a huge soft spot in my heart. I can't soak you into my soul enough. I get a little selfish but I love the time I get to have with you around. I'll be a bit lonely when you start preschool this fall. It makes our house feel alive when you're chunky, solid feet are running around. Oh those feet! You're solid from head to toe but honestly it's those big, chunky, yummy feet that I can't get enough of.
I love to see you sleeping. How you're still small enough that your comfy bed swallows you up. But I know very soon you'll fill up the whole thing and your feet will hang over the edge. Time goes by way too fast.
You're an amazing and essential part to our family. It's hard to believe it's been 4 years already. Happy Birthday Madden!

2 comments:

Matt and Kirsten said...

I really love your birthday posts, and Madden, there really isn't enough of you!

Ruth Done said...

He is one of my cutest nephews! Cute post and Happy B-day Madden. We love you!