Friday, April 3, 2009

THREE STRIKES.....OH CRAP!!

Madden has become very curious and adventuresome lately. It's not unusual to find him scaling the kitchen counters to look in the cupboards. Or climbing up on dressers to get whatever it is he wants up top. I've even caught him a few times in the process of sticking some foreign object into an electrical outlet (this one produces terrified screams from me and severe reprimands).
Tuesday I was in the bathroom doing Mia's hair for school. I knew Madden was in my room. What I didn't know was that he found a key on my dresser and proceeded to stick it in one of the outlets. I heard this terrifying scream and then he came running into the bathroom. He was crying so hard that it took him a very long time to catch his breath. Once he did, he cried and cried and cried and then kept repeating "IT HURT ME!!" I couldn't see anything wrong with him so I took him in my room so he could show me what had "HURT HIM". I saw him glance quickly over by the outlet and there on the floor was a key. It didn't take me long to figure out what he'd done. Then I quickly checked his hands for burns and looked over the rest of his body. Lets just say....he's a VERY lucky boy! We're just praying that it was "shocking" enough to teach a lesson.
The next day he was climbing up on Mason's dresser to get his Nintendo DS. He does this by opening the bottom drawer and standing on it. So he was standing on the drawer and the entire dresser tipped forward on top of him. I heard him scream and ran into his room. I don't know how he walked away without getting hurt but he did. I hope he'll learn a lesson from this one as well. Too many scary scenarios!
The past couple of days have left me wondering, if "3 strikes - you're out" is the rule, I better keep him tied to me so I can watch his EVERY step! (prayers in his behalf (and mine) are greatly appreciated!! :))

3 comments:

Ruth Done said...

Holy Cow! I'm glad he's okay. Jack never got into anything so I am prepping myself for double with Ben. Good luck! I love that picture.

Dan & Staci said...

I can't even believe that April. I probably would have passed out in shock. How scary that must have been. I can't even imagine. Man we will for sure keep that little guy in or prayers.

Matt and Kirsten said...

OH MY GOODNESS! UM perhaps you should chain him up in a room that has NOTHING in it! You also might want to consider chaining all things to the wall. Oh cute little Madden.