Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gracie's Tree

Last Christmas at the Festival of Trees my family decided to do a tree this year (2010) in honor of Grace. It was a large undertaking but after an amazing amount of kindness and donations from so many people and a TON of work, it turned out to be a very sweet labor of love. We decorated it with little girl shoes in black, pink, white and silver. Grace loved shoes so it seemed very fitting to include her personality into the tree. We had so many people who donated shoes and money. It wouldn't have been possible without them.
The morning of November 29th we headed down to the South Town Expo Center to set up and decorate the tree. It was such a great experience to be there with my parents and my sisters. It was a fun atmosphere and really touching to be among other people and hear the stories of what inspired each of their trees.
We never would have made it through without my Dad there to help us get the tree up so we could decorate it. The whole thing took the better part of the day.
We had Kelly Sansom take these pictures so we could make up Thank You cards to send to the MANY people who made this possible! What a great experience! Now that I've had a couple of months to recuperate, I can say I think I would actually do this again :) !!

1 comment:

Nick and Trisha said...

Love the Tree! That is so precious! What a great experience to have as a family!