Thursday, September 3, 2009

13.1 BABYYY!!!

Saturday August 29th these cute girls in this picture above allowed me to join them
in the Top Of Utah 1/2 Marathon. Ruth was the one who got us going and then sadly had to back out because of an injury. We missed her.
What a great experience!! Amber and I were 1st timers and not to speak for both of us but it's definitely an experience I can't wait to repeat. Soon. This is all of us the evening before.
And here we are after the race. What an amazing accomplishment. Kirsten told me how
she loves to see people run races for the first time and see the look on their
faces when they accomplish something they didn't think they could do.
That was very true in my case. It's amazing what you can accomplish
when you have the right support system.
Kirsten will never know how much she helped me. She took on the SLOW pace
that I was running and stayed close by the whole time. She's amazing. She just had a baby
and she's out there running 13 miles and staying behind so her slow-pokey sister
will have someone to keep her going. I remember thinking that I just had to keep
her in my site so I would keep moving. If I couldn't see her anymore I'd
lose my motivation quickly. I was pushing myself really hard and I told her
not to hesitate running ahead. She told me "This is a good pace. I'm conserving
my energy until the last few miles then I'll really take off." I started
laughing. I was dying and she was "conserving her energy". Guess you can
tell who's in better shape. :) Thank you Kirsten, I love you!
Amber and Laura ran together and finished together. What a great job!
Amber ROCKED for her first time. I know how hard she trained and
I hope she's as proud of herself as she should be. She's worked hard.
Laura is such an inspiration. She's always challenging herself and doing
amazing things. I think for her, like Kirsten, this was a leisurely way
to pass a couple of hours on the weekend. What awesome girls!
Who wouldn't love to get to the finish line and see this group of supporters?
We love all of you and are so lucky to have you in our lives.
What a great family I have. I've been so blessed. They all hugged me at the finish line
and told me they loved me. How fun to come to the end and have that greeting you!!
We are so lucky! I love you all. Thanks for your love and support.
I finished and I cried.

5 comments:

Matt and Kirsten said...

April, believe what you want but I needed that pace to get me to the end. I LOVED the whole experience and I am so proud of my sisters!

Brendan said...

I cried too. Get ready to do it again, with me by your side!

Amber said...

You are amazing and I love you!!! I want to do it again but probably not too soon. You rock.

The Rockin Robertsons said...

Good JOB April....You are so AWESOME!!! I am so proud of you.

Corine Moore said...

That is so cool! :D Way to go!