Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dad's and Donuts

Today was Dad's and Donuts What a fun excuse for Dad's to go early before school with their kids, read with them and of course, there's donuts involved. Sugar's always a great way to start the day but add your Dad reading a book or two with you and what could be better?!
I volunteer at the beginning of the day on Wednesdays and arrived just as the majority of Dads were leaving, heading back to the corporate world armed with the musings of Curious George, The Cat in the Hat or maybe Harry Potter. Whatever their fancy, it made me smile to see all these men who lovingly took time away from busy work loads to spend some quality time with their kids.
Dad's don't get enough credit in my book. The good ones anyway. They play such an important role in the family and it's great to see most of them take that very seriously. We've got a good one around these parts and I'm grateful for him more everyday.
Mattie, Thanks for spending the morning with the kids. They loved it!

2 comments:

Ruth Done said...

I wish our school did this! We sure do have great dads in our family:)

Matt and Kirsten said...

I couldn't agree more. I was just talking to Matt #2 the other day about how sometimes I think Dad's get very little credit for how great they are.