Thursday, February 11, 2010

When did I get so OLD?

These are Mason and Mia's school pictures from earlier this school year. Back in the Fall when they brought them home I remember being truly SHOCKED at how old they have gotten. Which seems odd because I still feel like I'm in my early 20's. Why do you think your mind chooses to stay in your 20's when every glance in the mirror tells you otherwise? Maybe we don't actually see those changes in the mirror over time. The minds way of treating us kindly, maybe?
The other day Mason came home and informed me that they are doing County reports in school and he's been assigned Iron County. I remember my 4th grade County report. I was assigned Garfield County and was STOKED because I loved Garfield the cartoon cat and couldn't wait to put a big picture of him on my poster even though the 2 are not relative. But I digress. Here's how the conversation went;
Me: "That's fun! Are you doing a report and a poster? That's what I remember doing in 4th grade."
Mason: "Yeah. We're doing the report at school but the poster we do at home."
Me: "Ok, so do we need to write a letter to the County Seat and ask them to send us some brochures and information?"
Mason:..............blank stare........."Huh?"
Me: a brief description of writing to the County Seat to get info for the report and stuff we can use on the poster.
Mason: .....with a small eye roll and a bit of disgust (or pity)......."No Mom, ...we just Google it."
My thought: Well of course you do...duh!
No more looking things up in Encyclopedia Brittanica or the World Book. And of course, no more writing to the county seat for info to use in your 4th grade County report.
I am getting OLD!

5 comments:

Matt and Kirsten said...

oK THAT IS HILLARIOUS! I didn't think for half a second that you could just google that - of course!
And I am shocked at how old your kids look - seriously?

Ruth Done said...

I'm pretty sure you are in your 30's, I just googled you! funny how googled comes up as a misspelling. They do look so old, but still dang cute!

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

Happy Anniversary! That's awesome!! And you still look like you're in your 20's. :) I feel so old too. The boys are so good at all the new electronic gadgets and everything and I am so not! Ha ha!

Dan & Staci said...

I can't believe how old the kids are looking myself. When we saw Mason on Skype I was blown away by how old and mature he looks. Man does the time fly or what. But their school pictures turned out great. I only wish my school pictures turned out as well as theirs.

The Rockin Robertsons said...

Love it! How times have changed. I remember doing the same stuff back in elementary. You crack me up! You're kids are darling and they are getting big. HOWEVER, you still look great and my opinion is: STAY YOUNG AT HEART! That way you'll never grow old. (even though you aren't, but I do understand where you're coming from.)